1. DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Your demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We collect data directly from individuals online, pertinent correspondence with both prospective and existing clients, as well as automatically through subscription on our Site.
Information collected directly
We may collect personal information about you such as your name and e-mail address directly from you. Our Site uses forms for users to request information, products, and services. We will collect such visitor contact information. For example, personal information may be collected when you fill out our contact form, career application form, sign up for our mailing lists, register for events we host or sponsor, submit application information as part of certain online services, post comments on our blogs, or otherwise provide us information through the Site. This information from the form is used to process, request or inquiry, orders and to send information about the DIET TECH AFRICA.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Generally, we use the personal information provided in the ordinary course of conducting our business as follows:
- Responding to your requests
To respond to your orders, requests, or inquiries or application (e.g. if you have submitted a resume or other application information online or by email, we will use it as part of the application review process) and provide you with information on products or services that you request from us.
- Newsletters, mailing lists, and direct marketing
For direct marketing purposes, including sending newsletters to communicate with you regarding information, features, or offers that we believe will be of interest to you. Also, to present our Website to you. And to notify you about changes to our Websites, our policies, terms, or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Analytics and improvement
To better understand how users’ access and use the Site and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our services and business operations and to develop services and features.
- Protect our legal rights and prevent misuse
- Comply with legal obligations
To comply with the law or legal proceedings. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and/or other lawful requests by regulators and/or law enforcement, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements.
- General business operations
Where necessary, for the accounting, recordkeeping, legal functions and the administration of our general business which may include;
- To serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit our Website or other third-party sites (including social media platforms).
- To enhance and improve our products and services, for example, by performing internal research, analyzing user trends and measuring demographics and interests
- Internal purposes, such as website and system administration or internal audits and reviews.
- To provide statistics about the usage levels of the Website and other related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include information that will allow you to be identified.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal data will be used only for reasons specified in “How we use your data” above. Personal information shall not be disclosed or sold to any third party except by your consent or where the law requires, we do so as this information may be transferred within and outside Nigeria.
We may share personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Third-party service providers that provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services, such as data hosting or software or technology services.
- Our professional advisers, such as lawyers and accountants for data audit purposes
- Government and/or regulatory authorities.
- Professional indemnity insurers.
- Regulators, tax authorities, and/or corporate registries.
In addition, we may disclose personal information to other third parties under the following circumstances:
- Legally required
If we are required to do so by law (example, to law enforcement, courts, or others, e.g., in response to a subpoena or court order).
- Protect our rights
Where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, comply with legal processes (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, or for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of the Firm, our clients, or others.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics, and other purposes, provided such information does not identify an individual.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
Cookies are small text files containing small packets of data that are stored by a computer when you visit a website. Cookies are automatically created when you visit a website to keep track of your movement within the website. Cookies help us to analyze the traffic on our website and distinguish you from other users to understand the needs of users more efficiently. Though this will not identify you individually.
We make use of different cookies.
- Session cookies: These cookies are temporary and disappear immediately the browser closes
- Permanent cookies: The cookies remain in the browser after it gets closed and it may be used for subsequent visits to the websites.
- Pre-Cookies: they are set by the websites you visit.
- You have the right to restrict, block, or delete cookies sent by this website or any third-party websites, this can be done in the settings of your browser.
6. DATA RETENTION
Personal data would be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the reasons on which it was collected. These reasons include satisfying any legal requirements. Personal data may also be retained based on the current relationship the firm has with you. For example, in the case of litigation personal data will be retained.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have right under the data protection law, in relations to your personal data, these rights include the right to;
- Request access to the personal data we have collected about you.
- Request correction on the details of your personal data. This will stop any inaccurate data about you to be corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal data. Erasure may not always be complied with based on specific legal reasons which we shall notify you of in such circumstances.
- Object to processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and if you feel like you want to object to processing on the ground that it impacts your fundamental rights then you can object.
- Request restriction of processing personal data
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
8. REVISIONS TO THIS NOTICE
9. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments or need further clarification, or you simply want a copy of your personal data. Please contact us at email@example.com